Join the College Ministry and ChoZen Teens for a tour of Oakland University where you’ll meet recruiters, college organizations, students, alumni, and more! Lunch will be provided.
This event is free and open to all high school students. You must be registered to attend. Permission slips must be completed prior to attending.
Leaving a legacy of love for your family includes ensuring you have a will or trust. This seminar will answer your questions about who your home should go to, bank accounts, jewelry, and who will have custody of your minor children.
Join us for a night of planning and preparation to help your future and honor your family! Register today at 2eb.ch/wills.
- 10 –11a: Welcome and Panel Discussion: Market Trends In the Area (employer needs, rising jobs in the area)
- 11a – 3p: Career Fair Expo
- 12 noon – 2p: Optional Information Breakout Classes
- 12 noon – 12:30p: Crucial Conversations: Negotiations, Raise Conversations, Lateral Moves
- 12:45 – 1:15p: How to interview
- 1:30 – 2p: Appropriate Social Media Practices
Some employers include:
- DTE Energy
- Wayne County Sheriff Department
- Quicken Loans
- City of Detroit
- US Postal Service
Job Seekers should dress for success and bring resumes and be prepared for onsite interviews.
Please remember to bring multiple copies of your résumé (most employers may also require electronic transmittal). Business attire required. EbSource is a workforce development arm of Second Ebenezer.
Join us for the powerful women’s symposium, Wisdom on Winning – featuring Judge Shannon Holmes and confidence coach, Jacqueline M. Baker, hosted by First Lady Sheila Vann!
The 2018 Veterans Summit, “Reclaiming Your Life,” welcomes veterans and surviving family members from all over the Detroit metropolitan area who need assistance and support returning to civilian life.
The summit is purposed towards returning veterans of all war eras, including active or inactive duty, discharged, or retired. During this encounter, we will confront many of the issues, concerns, and challenges that beset our veterans and attempt to provide solutions. The EB VetConnect ministry leads the mission to ignite quality of life for our veterans
economically, financially, and spiritually.
- Eric R. Sabree, Wayne County Treasurer
- Dr. Rodney Tolbert Chaplain 1/24th Marines
- Ponce Clay, Wayne County Veterans Services
- Roy McCalsiter Detroit City Council Mental Health Task Force
- Captain Lorena Black, Edward Jones Financial Advisor
- Colonel Lindell Holm, Michigan Veterans Trust Fund
- Renae Johnson, Johnson Premier Realty Co.
This year’s summit will include a free buffet luncheon and a tribute of remembrance to our veterans for families in grief due to loss of a loved one in the military.
Professionals will be available to discuss new programs regarding benefits and entitlements that veterans have earned as well as talk to veterans about jobs, skilled trades, real estate investing, banking programs for vets, insurance, business startup and certification, and various economic options.
Counselors will also provide confidential one-on-one breakout sessions to discuss issues with moral injury, spiritual guidance, PTSD and combat trauma, mental health, substance abuse prevention and recidivism.
Join us for worship and praise as we celebrate all of the things that we’re thankful for, what God has done, and what’s to come!