The 2018 Veterans Summit, “Reclaiming Your Life,” welcomes veterans and surviving family members from all over the Detroit metropolitan area who need assistance and support returning to civilian life.
The summit is purposed towards returning veterans of all war eras, including active or inactive duty, discharged, or retired. During this encounter, we will confront many of the issues, concerns, and challenges that beset our veterans and attempt to provide solutions. The EB VetConnect ministry leads the mission to ignite quality of life for our veterans
economically, financially, and spiritually.
- Eric R. Sabree, Wayne County Treasurer
- Dr. Rodney Tolbert Chaplain 1/24th Marines
- Ponce Clay, Wayne County Veterans Services
- Roy McCalsiter Detroit City Council Mental Health Task Force
- Captain Lorena Black, Edward Jones Financial Advisor
- Colonel Lindell Holm, Michigan Veterans Trust Fund
- Renae Johnson, Johnson Premier Realty Co.
This year’s summit will include a free buffet luncheon and a tribute of remembrance to our veterans for families in grief due to loss of a loved one in the military.
Professionals will be available to discuss new programs regarding benefits and entitlements that veterans have earned as well as talk to veterans about jobs, skilled trades, real estate investing, banking programs for vets, insurance, business startup and certification, and various economic options.
Counselors will also provide confidential one-on-one breakout sessions to discuss issues with moral injury, spiritual guidance, PTSD and combat trauma, mental health, substance abuse prevention and recidivism.